CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I have to warn everyone (again) that I RARELY measure things when I cook. This works for me... it may not work for you. This is why generally Cliff is the baker in the family and I am the cook most of the time. With this recipe it is all about the consistency and what YOU like, so if it looks like too little mayonaise - ADD MORE and vice versa. I have also mixed in some mozzarella cheese with my cream cheese/mayo/parmesan base so do what you like! It really is delicious, though :)

Ingredients:
- I think it was about an 8 oz package of cream cheese? Maybe a 1/2 a cup? I just eye balled it.
- About the same amount of mayonaise - maybe a little more or less (this with the cream cheese and parmesan cheese made up the base
- About a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- 14 oz. can of Artichokes drained and chopped
- about a bag of fresh baby spinach chopped and sauteed with a little garlic and then drained of excess water OR about 1/2 bag frozen chopped spinach thawed and WELL drained. ( you might have to squeeze to get the liquid out)
- Parmesan and Muenster cheese to top it (Maybe two slices or so torn? )
- A little minced garlic or garlic powder to taste. I like garlic.
- a little cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste. If you don't like things very spicy you can certainly skip the cayenne all together. I didn't use very much when I made it for the shower.

Directions -

- Grease a small-ish baking dish (I think I used an 8"x 8" or a 9"x9" and pre-heat oven to 375
-Mix the cream cheese, mayo, and parmesan together with a little minced garlic or garlic powder and your pepper. Fold in Artichokes and Spinach.
- Top with muenster cheese and a little extra Parmesan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble or the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like all kinds of good. I may have to try it. But I need a reason first...